Sunday, June 10, 2012

The King and I Part 1

Carl and I last June 2011
Carl was #2 and spent his entire day here on the dock,.. for years.
His coloration was always a drab olive/army green with a little brown/orange color in his fore-arms, base of tail, and Dewlap.
Note the Operculate scale, (large false eye scale) that makes up his lower jaw/jowl. 
It should be smooth, spherical, convex and featureless, here you can see Carl's is scared, and wrinkled from the exit wound of the arrow.
....but it has healed nicely!
(note headder photo with fresh arrow hole)  





 Alpha Carl Fall 2011

Alpha Carl Summer 2012 
(yesterday 6.9.2012)

Carl has muted back down to his "casual" colors, I believe, simply  because mating season is over and he is just so much larger than all of the other iguanas.
At this point, there is really no reason to go around wearing war-paint,....everyone knows the deal.















...as for the rest of the slaughter,.... seems to grow each day, and this morning,... was the first time I have ever hand fed a hatch-ling, (a this year/this spring hatchling) there are two that seem to have been born with little-to-no fear of me.


 "Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it gets to the end,...the faster it goes"
-old West Indian Proverb



Go out there and do something fun today my friend,...it's Sunday.















1 comment:

  1. Excellent at always. I never know what I enjoy more - the writing or the photos/videos. Great stuff.

    I hope you enjoyed your first Father's Day my friend!

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete