Sunday, May 13, 2012

There's nothing,no, nothing, that's higher than me!"















On the far-away island
of Sala-ma-Sal,
Carl the Iguana
was king of the canal.


"If I could sit high,
 how much greater I'd be!
What a king, I'd be ruler
of all I could see!"




 Have been trying to take some better pictures of King Carl in his roost,... not necessarily high quality shots, close-ups, or anything along that nature,.. but a shot to give you an idea of  just how high this animal sleeps,..his branch,...the branch he calls;"bed",  "thrown", and "look-out tower".
I'm not great at estimating distance and height, but I am sure he is at least 45, most likely closer to 50-60 feet above the water when he calls it a night.

I took the below 3 pic zoom-in with my iPhone on a cloudy gray morning last week.
The base of his tree, (an un-indigenous Australian Pine) is at the waters edge, he is cantilevered 10-20 feet out and over the water for a Yertle-the-Turtle  "I rule what I see-king of the pond"  type of  ideology, moreover to position himself  for the ultimate escape,... if necessary.




 Carl's roost



Below is another three-step zoom I shot this morning




 Carl's roost this morning, (5.13.2012)


I can see him after the sun sets until the night hides him completely,  he is almost always in the exact same place and position as the sun rises the next morning.


Carl is basically the Iguana Counterpart of Yertle-the-Turtle,  with half the greed and none of the slavery.



lol







No comments:

Post a Comment