Saturday, March 24, 2012

Thursday and Friday

Thursday, March 22nd 2012;
Great day, warm,...(temperature directly affects/effects the Iguana's metabolic rates,  thus,...activity).

The dock was packed, members would come and go all day, I could tell in the early morning that Carl was going to come over this day,..it was just too hot.

....and he did,..about an hour later,..cleared the dock,..all but Dotty fled the minuet he climbed out off the water.

Carl was "wearing" neutral colors,..his old coloration, anthropomorphically,..I would interpret this as him being "relaxed", OR he has been challenged and lost to a larger male, he does have a cut on the left side of his upper-tail, (that would be indicative of a fight)..but as I scanned his roost I saw no other, (large) iguanas,...AND as soon as he returned to his roost, his  Chromatophores lit up the bright orange and turquoise Alpha colors.
I would guesstimate that he was in a physical altercation,..and won.

The best part about Thursday was when Carl ate lettuce until he was full,..then walked past the food,..right up to me, (I was sitting "Indian-style" on the dock),..closed his eyes, as if to solicit/initiate some sort of communication, and/or physical contact.

I began petting him on the head,.. he just stood there with his eyes closed,...as he has done many times in the past,...again anthropomorphically,...I would say he seems to "like" this.


I know I shouldn't "play favorites",..but Carl is like no other Iguana I have ever met/observed/interacted-with.
If there is a lizard that actually enjoys the company of people, beyond food motivation,..your looking at him.



Friday,March 23rd;
Unfortunately I had to work away from home/the dock all day Friday, so I have absolutely no Intel.
I will be on the dock all weekend,  looks as though it's gonna be a hot one,...should be some action.


No comments:

Post a Comment